Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 19:49 #101

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
Ugh has a problem with hate? Sure he hides it with smiley emotion-cons and virtue signals with biblical quotes and pictures of Jesus, but underneath, he has a hidden hatred of anyone who would challenge his idea of Christianity.
...and, as with many Christian Fundamentalist, they can fault with everyone else ,but themselves

1- I don't hate JC-rejecters, I just feel sorry for the poor weak-minded slobs because they've let the Estab put them off JC, or they're just plain possessed or nutty..:)

Another hate filled post to convice me you're not a hater. :aargh:

You've been told many times on this forum , I am a Christian. I am just not your kind of Christian. Your attempts to lump me in a pile of JC rejecters(people who disagree with you), does more harm to you than me. (/color]
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 19:52 #102

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Truthspoon wrote:
Ok Frothy..... you've made up your mind.

I'll leave you to it.

Oh, come on now, you got to admit that was funny. :chuckle:

God help us, when even satire is forbidden .
Birth is not a beginning; death is not an end. There is existence without limitation; there is continuity without a starting point.” ~ Chuang Tzu
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 19:59 by peacenik.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 20:11 #103

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Another message..:)-
Jesus said:- "All in the graves shall come out, to resurrection or damnation" (John 5:28/29)

I am happy to inform you, I will not be headed for that exit.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 21:06 #104

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Frothy wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Truthspoon wrote:
Frothy wrote:
Keep away with your evil spirit and your zombie.

The words of a man who wants to be left alone with his pain.

Rather the words of a man who rejects mind control and lesser magik.

Lesser magik...... Indeed?

What magik do you know about?

The type that suggests people will burn in internal hell for declining to comply with a set of rules.

I really do think many fundamentalist believe they can find salvation through compliance to dogma? That's why they are always wanting everyone to get on board. They think there is some kind of security to be found in numbers. The more people to agree with their dogma, the better chance they think of getting to heaven?

It ends up looking like mob rule is the way to go? Not to different from how communism is formed.

Spiritual freedom, spiritual awakening, belongs exclusively to the individual, not a group. All a group can do is agree with dogma. Only an individual can awaken the God inside. If you personally, individually, do not have a direct line to God, you're fucked!

You can follow the rest of the herd all you want, but don't think for a second that's the way to salvation.
Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 21:12 by peacenik.
User(s) who Liked this post: Ugh

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 21:13 #105

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
  • Name is Mick, Age 73, right winger, Christian, English
peacenik wrote:
Another hate filled post to convice me you're not a hater. :aargh:

POT KETTLE!
Here's that pic you posted in TZ of you prowling the Nam jungles with your grenade-firing blooper gun to bust Charlie's ass, you must have hated him real bad!
I bet when the civilians saw you coming they scurried indoors to get out of the crossfire shrieking "Aiieee, it is he who walks with danger!"

Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 21:19 by Ugh.
User(s) who Liked this post: Guest1041

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 21:28 #106

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..You can follow the rest of the herd all you want, but don't think for a second that's the way to salvation.

Right mate..:)
Jesus said -"Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it, but small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."(Matt 7:13)

Last Edit: 05 Dec 2019 21:32 by Ugh.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 21:48 #107

• Voltaire
  • Silver Member
Ugh, i think you once posted that you would have loved to have served in vietnam as opposed to working a boring job in the uk

Truth is anti-semitic

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 05 Dec 2019 22:13 #108

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Voltaire wrote:
Ugh, i think you once posted that you would have loved to have served in vietnam as opposed to working a boring job in the uk

Yes preferably as a REMF..:)

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 07 Dec 2019 03:15 #109

• Frothy
  • Released
Ugh is a servant of the empire, full stop.
Jews LARPing as Nazis

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 07 Dec 2019 06:53 #110

• peacenik
  • Immortal
annabelle wrote:
Funny how many of the 'woke' don't really lash out against Pharaism (now known as Talmudic Judaism) and the Mystery Babylonian Religion(s)...like they do against Christianity and Christ...

I did not embark on a quest to bad mouth your precious Christian religion. My investigation into man's spirituality or lack of it, led me to Christianity by accident. I didn't ask to be there.

I originally looked into the ancient Greek Philosopher, PLATO. I discovered PLATO was the first to discuss the topic of 'pre existence'. While looking at that I discoverd Christianity also, at one time held a belief in pre existance

IMO, PLATO was the greatest spiritual teacher I have ever read about. Far more spiritual than any character in the bible. has to offer.

Here is a sampling of PLATO's idea of pre -existence......

'Plato believed in the pre-existence of the soul, which tied in with his innatism. He thought that we are born with knowledge from a previous life that is subdued at birth and must be relearned. He saw all attainment of knowledge not as acquiring new information, but as remembering previously known information. Before we were born, we existed in a perfect world where we knew everything.'

Imagine my surprise when I realized, PLATO and Christianity had almost idenical viewpoints of pre-existance.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 07 Dec 2019 10:16 #111

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Christianity also, at one time held a belief in pre existence..
IMO, PLATO was the greatest spiritual teacher I have ever read about. Far more spiritual than any character in the bible. has to offer..

1- Sure, the bible says the soul is immortal, for example God said to Jeremiah- "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you", but that doesn't mean we've lived before on earth in squishy fleshy bodies.

2- Plato was just a human giving people his hunches and guesses, but Jesus gave us GOD's words, spot the difference?..:)-
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 07 Dec 2019 19:22 #112

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:
IMO, PLATO was the greatest spiritual teacher I have ever read about. Far more spiritual than any character in the bible. has to offer..

[color=#bb0000

2- Plato was just a human giving people his hunches and guesses, but Jesus gave us GOD's words, spot the difference?..:)-
Jesus said - "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak" (John 12:49)
[/color]

Have you read, "Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism?" post #71. by TZ member, norse bear? I would like for you to try and dispute anything in that brilliant post. You're not going to be able to.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 08 Dec 2019 20:02 #113

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

1- "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak"

Only someone possessed by a demon would make such a claim.
Last Edit: 08 Dec 2019 20:07 by peacenik.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 08 Dec 2019 22:09 #114

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
Ugh wrote:
..Jesus said "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak"
peacenik wrote:

Congrats mate, you admit demons do exist; keep it up and you'll make Pope yet..:)
Now tell us what Jesus said that upsets you?

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 08 Dec 2019 22:27 #115

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Have you read, "Did Christianity Borrow From Paganism?" post #71. by TZ member, norse bear? I would like for you to try and dispute anything in that brilliant post. You're not going to be able to.

If you mean his big long anti-jewish ramble where he fired a blunderbuss of assorted things at us, I glanced through it but fell asleep (yawn).
I tell you what, if you care to post his points here one by one, I'll be happy to address them one by one in my usual "one shot one kill" style of debating..:)
As a great prophet once said-

"THIS IS THIS"

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 09 Dec 2019 00:00 #116

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
peacenik wrote:

I tell you what, if you care to post his points here one by one, I'll be happy to address them one by one in my usual "one shot one kill" style of debating..:)

Ok, let's start with jewish influence on the Christian religion. Do you, or do you not, believe jewish ideology has influenced Christianity?

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 09 Dec 2019 00:34 #117

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Ugh wrote:
Ugh wrote:
..Jesus said "For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what I should speak"
peacenik wrote:

Now tell us what Jesus said that upsets you?

"He" hasn't said anything to me, good or bad.

I just don't have any need for , "him". Now, that may, "upset you" but, not me.
Last Edit: 09 Dec 2019 00:34 by peacenik.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 09 Dec 2019 01:00 #118

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
Ok, let's start with jewish influence on the Christian religion. Do you, or do you not, believe jewish ideology has influenced Christianity?

I'm not sure what you mean mate.
Jesus had no beef with the Old Testament and often quoted from it himself, but what he didn't like was the way the snooty Jewish priests taught it in a strict, rigid inflexible way and were dickheads, so he told them straight-
"You put heavy loads on peoples shoulders, everything you do is just for show, you like fancy robes and the best seats at banquets, you love people to bow down to you.
You won't get to heaven and you slam the door on those who are trying to, you're sons of hell and blind fools!
You're like whitewashed tombs, sparkling on the outside but full of decay and filth on the inside..
Your forefathers killed the prophets, you're the offspring of vipers so how will you ever escape being condemned to hell?" (Matt ch 23)

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 09 Dec 2019 01:17 #119

• Ugh
  • Silver Member
peacenik wrote:
..I just don't have any need for "him". Now, that may, "upset you" but, not me.

Christianity is a POWER thing, so if you want to go through life with a half-charged battery it's none of my business..:)

"After Jesus spent the night in prayer, everybody tried to touch him because power was coming from him" (Luke 6:12-19)
"I am full of power, judgement and might by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8)
"The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds" (2 Cor 10:4)
Jesus said - "Someone touched me, I know that power has gone out from me." (Luke 8:46)
"Our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power"- (1 Thess 1:5)
"Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power" (Ephesians 6:10)

By mindmelding with Jesus, or simply liking him we "log onto" him and pure spiritual power begins automatically downloading into us, making us feel bloody good, strong, secure goodnatured and confident, that's why you'll never see a jumpy irritable neurotic Christian.
I first logged on to Jesus in my teens and have been getting the download continually over the next 50 years
..:)

Last Edit: 09 Dec 2019 01:19 by Ugh.

The Bible’s Malicious Mind Game of Sinning and Salvation 09 Dec 2019 02:46 #120

• peacenik
  • Immortal
Don't care!

Still don't have a need for "him".