Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Paranormal is a general term that designates experiences that lie outside "the range of normal experience or scientific explanation" or that indicates phenomena understood to be outside of science's current ability to explain or measure. Read More: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranormal
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aliens Exist?

Aliens Exist? 22 Jun 2013 15:06 #1

• Straight Shooter
Only registered members can reply. Create an Account to join the discussion.
User(s) who Liked this post: cantata

Aliens Exist? 22 Jun 2013 15:19 #2

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Interesting... I'm generally kind of sceptical about things like that though, one man/woman who has interacted with aliens extensively, and who also writes books and goes on tour with the information... :chuckle: It kind of sounds like he's pimping his alien books/tours business :D

Who knows though? I do believe the Universe is teeming with life, but as to whether intelligent beings from other planets come here and interact with us... I just don't know. It would be great if they did, as long as they were friendly :chuckle:
User(s) who Liked this post: pheony

Aliens Exist? 22 Jun 2013 15:31 #3

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
In July 1947,an unusual craft crashed in the desert of New Mexico.

The Roswell Army Air base was involved in recovering the craft,possibly including 4-5 bodies.

On July 8th,the Roswell newspaper published a Front Page Article - taken from the official press release written by Lt. Walter Haut of the RAAF 509th acting under orders of Col. William Blanchard - reading: "RAAF Captures Flying Saucer On Ranch in Roswell Region"

Following orders from Col William Blanchard(and probably Gen Roger Ramey and Washington higher-ups),Haut recanted the flying disk press release hours later, claiming via the next day's paper that it was just a weather balloon recovered.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Aliens Exist? 22 Jun 2013 15:36 #4

• cantata
  • Silver Member
I'm increasingly intrigued by this "alien" stuff. Just even from the high number of people who claim it's true. I just feel it's wrong to not listen to people or to ridicule them when they try to tell others something they claim to be experiencing. But the numbers involved is truly astonishing.
"...Wyrde saves oft the man undoomed
if he undaunted be....". (Beowulf).

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths... Beautiful people do not just happen". (Elisabeth Kubler-Ross).

:cavalier

Aliens Exist? 22 Jun 2013 15:40 #5

• username
Not too sure about them visiting here but we exist so it's likely aleins exist

The building blocks of life are well known to exist outside this planet
Extraterrestrial organic molecules

Another idea is that amino acids which were formed extraterrestrially arrived on Earth via comets. In 2009 it was announced by NASA that scientists had identified one of the fundamental chemical building blocks of life in a comet for the first time: glycine, an amino acid, was detected in the material ejected from Comet Wild-2 in 2004 and grabbed by NASA's Stardust probe. Tiny grains, just a few thousandths of a millimeter in size, were collected from the comet and returned to Earth in 2006 in a sealed capsule, and distributed among the world's leading astro-biology labs. NASA said in a statement that it took some time for the investigating team, led by Dr Jamie Elsila, to convince itself that the glycine signature found in Stardust's sample bay was genuine and not just Earthly contamination. Glycine has been detected in meteorites before and there are also observations in interstellar gas clouds claimed for telescopes, but the Stardust find is described as a first in cometary material. Isotope analysis indicates that the Late Heavy Bombardment included cometary impacts after the Earth coalesced but before life evolved.[138] Dr. Carl Pilcher, who leads NASA's Astrobiology Institute commented that "The discovery of glycine in a comet supports the idea that the fundamental building blocks of life are prevalent in space, and strengthens the argument that life in the Universe may be common rather than rare."[139]

Based on computer model studies, the complex organic molecules necessary for life may have formed in the protoplanetary disk of dust grains surrounding the Sun before the formation of the Earth.[140] According to the computer studies, this same process may also occur around other stars that acquire planets.[140] (Also see Cosmic dust/Earth.)

Recent observations suggests that the majority of organic compounds introduced on Earth by interstellar dust particles are considered principal agents in the formation of complex molecules, thanks to their peculiar surface-catalytic activities.[141][142] Studies reported in 2008, based on 12C/13C isotopic ratios of organic compounds found in the Murchison meteorite, suggested that the RNA component uracil and related molecules, including xanthine, were formed extraterrestrially.[143][144] On August 8, 2011, a report, based on NASA studies with meteorites found on Earth, was published suggesting DNA components (adenine, guanine and related organic molecules) were made in outer space.[141][145][146][147] More recently, scientists found that the cosmic dust permeating the universe contains complex organic matter ("amorphous organic solids with a mixed aromatic-aliphatic structure") that could be created naturally, and rapidly, by stars.[148][149][150] As one of the scientists noted, "Coal and kerogen are products of life and it took a long time for them to form ... How do stars make such complicated organics under seemingly unfavorable conditions and [do] it so rapidly?"[148] Further, the scientist suggested that these compounds may have been related to the development of life on earth and said that, "If this is the case, life on Earth may have had an easier time getting started as these organics can serve as basic ingredients for life."[148]

In 2000, Jes Jørgensen and Jan M. Hollis from the Copenhagen University, reported that in the star-forming region near the center of our galaxy they found glycolaldehyde – the first evidence of an interstellar sugar molecule.[151] Then, in August 29, 2012, the same team reported the detection of glycolaldehyde in a distant star system. The molecule was found around the protostellar binary IRAS 16293-2422, which is located 400 light years from Earth.[152][153] Glycolaldehyde is needed to form ribonucleic acid, or RNA, which is similar in function to DNA. These findings suggest that complex organic molecules may form in stellar systems prior to the formation of planets, eventually arriving on young planets early in their formation.[154] Because sugars are associated with both metabolism and the genetic code, two of the most basic aspects of life, it is rationalized the discovery of any sugar in space would increase the likelihood that life may exist elsewhere in our galaxy.[151]

On April 3, 2013, NASA reported that complex organic chemicals could arise on Titan, a moon of Saturn, based on studies simulating the atmosphere of Titan.[155]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis#Extraterrestrial_organic_molecules

The trick is them molecules ending up somewhere that can support life cycles

Things like Roswell I don't know, I think Northrop aircraft company were testing whole wing aircraft with no fuselage as early as back then in that area :D

edit: Nothing said about New Mexico but the Northrop yb-35 first flight was in 1946

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_YB-35

Variants had been in development/testing since 1941
Last Edit: 22 Jun 2013 15:48 by username.
User(s) who Liked this post: novum

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 04:35 #6

• Straight Shooter
cantata wrote:
I'm increasingly intrigued by this "alien" stuff. Just even from the high number of people who claim it's true. I just feel it's wrong to not listen to people or to ridicule them when they try to tell others something they claim to be experiencing. But the numbers involved is truly astonishing.

Yea, that's the same way i feel....

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:08 #7

• Oracle
  • Futurist & Anthropogenist
The oracle would advise to not expect strange looking green little men, but to be prepared to face humans, extra terrestrial human beings.

Aren't we also ET eventually? think about that and the still missing never found link between primates and homo sapiens.
The resident shill announced
blue_tackler wrote:
please make my profile inactive, I no longer want to have any connection to this forum.

yet he is trolling further. :facepalm:

blue_tackler wrote:
the lice are only going to jump onto other typhus victim

Prime example of holocaustianity mental issues, clinically insane, and utterly ill informed, a danger to public health if this dude was working for CDC.

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:17 #8

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Oracle wrote:
The oracle would advise to not expect strange looking green little men, but to be prepared to face humans, extra terrestrial human beings.

Aren't we also ET eventually? think about that and the still missing never found link between primates and homo sapiens.

I've thought about that myself... extra terrestrials who are just like us. But in a Universe so vast, anything that's possible probably exists, so there might be strange looking little green men somewhere out there :chuckle:

It would be interesting to meet extra terrestrial humans who are thousands of years ahead of us technology wise, maybe far in advance of us spiritually... maybe they could be benign highly spiritual people.
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2013 16:18 by irrepressible.

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:33 #9

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
Oracle wrote:

Ahh, now this brings us to the whole ''Earth was seeded by extra-terrestrials'' theory doesn't it.

ie that the human race didn't originate from Earth, and that we don't really 'belong' here...

I don't buy it. I think we developed from apes. Call me a Darwinist... ;)

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:45 #10

• irrepressible
  • Voluntarily Inactive
But Darwinism is a theory as well isn't it? :chuckle: We might be very similar to apes, but that's all it might be, a similarity. It also begs that question... Why are there still apes?

Is evolution a theory?

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:58 #11

• Rural_Oral
  • Fresh Member
irrepressible wrote:
But Darwinism is a theory as well isn't it? :chuckle: We might be very similar to apes, but that's all it might be, a similarity. It also begs that question... Why are there still apes?

Is evolution a theory?

Nobody said we evolved from apes they say we share a common ancestor which possibly resembled a badger like creature. Whales and hippos are supposed to share the same ancestor that lived about 50 million years ago. This ancestor split into two groups: the cetaceans and the anthracotheres. Believe it or not, whales and dolphins used to walk on land and were semi-aquatic, like crocodiles and otters allegedly according to the " experts " But to answer your second question yes Evolution is just another theory.
" Vietnam was the first war ever fought without any censorship. Without censorship, things can get terribly confused in the public mind "

General William Westmoreland Time magazine, Apr. 5, 1982

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Bullock
User(s) who Liked this post: irrepressible, Ultimate Seeker ™

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:59 #12

• Oracle
diamondgeezer wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Ahh, now this brings us to the whole ''Earth was seeded by extra-terrestrials'' theory doesn't it.

ie that the human race didn't originate from Earth, and that we don't really 'belong' here...

I don't buy it. I think we developed from apes. Call me a Darwinist... ;)

Actually no, it is not my thought. :nea:

What if these "ET" humans originated on earth and left earth eons ago? What if these people are eg the builders of all the impressive ancient monuments we cannot reproduce today?

What if there are two distinctly different species who look alike?
blue_tackler wrote:
please make my profile inactive, I no longer want to have any connection to this forum.

blue_tackler wrote:

Prime example of holocaustianity mental issues, clinically insane, and utterly ill informed, a danger to public health if this dude was working for CDC.
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2013 17:02 by Oracle.

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 16:59 #13

• diamondgeezer
  • Gone But Not Forgotten
All mammals on Earth have too many similarities for it to be a 'coincidence'.

We are all related, all evolved from the same origins.

Aliens Exist? 23 Jun 2013 17:11 #14

• Oracle
irrepressible wrote:

It would be interesting to meet extra terrestrial humans who are thousands of years ahead of us technology wise, maybe far in advance of us spiritually... maybe they could be benign highly spiritual people.

You might have met some already, but you didn't notice them due to wearing an ordinary human costume. :norty:
blue_tackler wrote:

blue_tackler wrote:

Last Edit: 23 Jun 2013 17:12 by Oracle.

Aliens Exist? 24 Jun 2013 21:36 #15

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
I think saying evolution is 'just a theory' is a bit disingenous.

Every since the theory of evolution was proposed, the evidence for its validity has continued to mount. You can't observe species evolving as it takes millions of years and the fossil record only presents a tiny fraction of what has gone before, so it's unrealistic to expect some kind of visible evolution of mammals.

I think all this 'we haz come from aliens' stuff is a modern variant of 'God created us all cos we is special'. It removes us from the rest of the animal kingdom and presents us as having some kind of special purpose and/or elevated status. We're apes. It's really language that allowed us to do what we have. Without language we'd be straight back to being just like chimps.

I also don't think there's anything the ancients built we couldn't. We wouldn't because it would be too expensive and we use totally different materials and techniques. Nobody is going to haul huge blocks of stone around when they can use concrete and steel. And nobody is going to align stuff with stars because that simply is not important to modern people.
People back then were as smart as we are. They just saw the world radically differently, had different priorities and utilised different crafts and techniques, much of which has probably been forgotten. If we can't figure out how they did something, that just means we can't figure out how they did it. It doesn't require aliens, it's equally as likely they'd worked out how to do stuff with the available technology that has become lost to us and very few people are going to have the resources or motivation to rediscover. In a thousand years people might be scratching their heads about how our civilisation did stuff. And claiming aliens must have done it.
No War But The Class War
Last Edit: 24 Jun 2013 21:46 by Chuck Random.
User(s) who Liked this post: Ultimate Seeker ™

Aliens Exist? 24 Jun 2013 21:50 #16

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Oracle wrote:

They would be recognisable as a different species, much as we can isolate humans from the other apes

Is there evidence for this?
No War But The Class War

Aliens Exist? 25 Jun 2013 10:41 #17

• Oracle
Chuck Random wrote:
Oracle wrote:

They would be recognisable as a different species, much as we can isolate humans from the other apes

Actually no, you are erring, little red cube.

Example: The Dutch grow apples, which look like apples, but these apples have Tomato genes to strengthen the skin.
Technically, it is not an apple, but a tomapple.
Now think further, if you can.

Evidence? What kind of evidence do you ask for? In the west, everything can be "proven" by some bought expertise, "proving" white is black.
blue_tackler wrote:

blue_tackler wrote:

Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013 10:45 by Oracle.

Aliens Exist? 25 Jun 2013 17:35 #18

• username
If someone wants to prove that other species are existing in human form then one of the purported high profile examples just need to have their genome sequenced. The opportunity and technology exists.

Funnily enough no-one has done this yet even with all the times someone involved in making these people things ready for the media could have had chance to get a tissue sample.

Aliens Exist? 25 Jun 2013 23:40 #19

• Chuck Random
  • Voluntarily Inactive
Oracle wrote:
Chuck Random wrote:
Oracle wrote:

Actually no, you are erring, little red cube.

Example: The Dutch grow apples, which look like apples, but these apples have Tomato genes to strengthen the skin.
Technically, it is not an apple, but a tomapple.
Now think further, if you can.

So would you say if a single tomato gene was introduced into the human race everyone would be humato?

Evidence? What kind of evidence do you ask for? In the west, everything can be "proven" by some bought expertise, "proving" white is black.

Well some kind of evidence. Genetic evidence would be good start. A crashed spaceship buried for thousands of years would be awesome. As long as The Thing isn't on board.
Apparently you can simply buy the proof. So all you need is somebody with a large bank balance.
No War But The Class War
User(s) who Liked this post: Ultimate Seeker ™

Aliens Exist? 26 Jun 2013 01:17 #20

• username
You don't need a bank balance, send me any tissue sample you want testing and I can pass it to some molecular biology mates. :D

If alien DNA is in homo sapien evolutionary history it would be easy to compare the homo alien DNA with non alien associated DNA by multiple sequence alignment.

Sorry Oracle but it would be a very white and black experiment as the alien DNA would have a different history to earth DNA so would be easy to see the difference and pin point the time of crossing.

It only wouldn't if the first life cycling DNA based organism on the planet was of alien origin (which is unlikely but the molecules of life may have come from meteorite and comets) but then we would all be the same with no aliens hiding in human form.